It’s Easy To Make Soap – Soap Making Recipes and Instructions
Here is an easy way to make some homemade soap from ordinary vegetable shortening. Although,
you will also need sodium hydroxide and tricaprylmethylammonium chloride.
1. Weight 10 grams of vegetable shortening (Crisco) into a small beaker.
2. Heat this over a steam bath until it melts.3. Stir in 4.5 mL of about 25% aqueous sodium hydroxide.
4. Add 2 drops of tricaprylmethylammonium chloride.
5. Heat the mixture on the steam bath and continue to stir for about 20 minutes. Make sure all of the oily globs disappear.
6. Cool the mixture.
7. Add 3 mL of water.8. Use a flat stirring rod to break up the soap particles.
9. Separate the soap from the solution using vacuum filtration.
10. Wash the soap on the filter with ice cold water.
11. Let the soap dry.
12. Use the soap to wash your feet.