Learn How to Make Delicious Crispy Cheese Potato Skins
Potato skins are an all time favorite for many of us. They are great as
appetizers or can be used as a side dish. Whichever way they are used, they are delicious.
3 large potatoes.
½ lb. bacon.
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese.
Sour cream and chives.
1. Wash and pierce the potatoes. Microwave on high for about 20 minutes.
2. Once the potatoes are tender, let them cool for 10 minutes.
3. Once they are cool enough to handle, slice them in half.
4. Scoop out a good majority of the potato leaving only a 1/4 inch from the shell and set aside.
5. In a frying pan, cook the bacon until brown. Drain and place the bacon on a paper towel.
6. Once the bacon has cooled, chop it up into little bits and pieces.
7. Place the potato skins on a baking sheet and top with bacon and then the cheese.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
9. Put the sour cream in a small bowl and sprinkle with chives. This is a great topping for the
skins. These are great little appetizers that go especially well with spicy
chicken wings. Enjoy!