Tasty Greek Avgolemono Soup Recipe
Here is the recipe for that famous and delicious Greek Avgolemono soup (a.k.a. Greek soup,
lemon soup, chicken and lemon soup, chicken and lemon and egg soup). It may be known by different names, but we
often just call it THE soup.
8 cups chicken broth.
3 medium eggs.
1/2 cup rice.
Juice from two lemons.
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Salt to taste.
2. Add rice, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from fire.
4. In a blender, beat the three eggs, slowly add the lemon juice to the eggs.
5. Add one cup of chicken broth, do not stop blending. The constant blending is the secret to prevent curdling
of this delicious soup.
6. When the eggs and broth are well mixed, pour this mixture back into the remaining broth and rice.
7. Stir well over heat, but do not allow to boil.